Show All Results
Maintenance Technician 1
Work Your Magic with us! Start your next chapter and join MilliporeSigma.
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Maintenance Technician 1 at MilliporeSigma in Sheboygan Falls will support the site with maintenance activities involving repairing equipment, facilities, and utility systems. The Maintenance Tech 1 is capable of completing work orders that cross over traditional disciplines and will assist with keeping the entire site running by completing corrective and preventive maintenance work orders. Preventive maintenance and repair tasks will be completed both independently and as part of a team. Daily tasks, responsibilities, and skills to include the following:
- Troubleshoot, maintain, and repair equipment including mechanical systems and electrical power and control circuits up to 120 V.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations, identify unsafe work conditions, and report them to management
- Participate in the call-in program required to be available for weekend and holiday on-call and after-hours duty
- Conduct miscellaneous duties and tasks as assigned, contribute to department goals, and perform work related travel as necessary
- Perform duties with dignity and respect while maintaining exemplary attendance and adherence to schedule
- Direct contractors and other technicians in completing work
- Generate process improvement solutions
- Possess excellent self-motivation and productivity skills
- Accept responsibility and meet deadlines
- Use PC software and applications (CMMS, web browsers, Word, Excel, email)
- Operate industrial vehicles
- Read, redline, and understand all types of drawings/schematics
- Operate hand tools, power tools, and basic shop tools (grinder, drill press, sand blaster, band saw, etc.).
- Use precision measuring equipment, read gauges, and understand units of measures
- Troubleshoot controls, VFD’s, analytical equipment and instrumentation
- Understand materials of construction and chemical compatibility
- Utilize interpersonal skills and work well on a team to conduct maintenance tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Use good documentation practices
- Shift/hours: 3rd shift, 11:00 PM – 7:30 PM, Sun - Thu
Who You Are
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years of hands-on maintenance experience
- Associate degree
- Knowledge of LEAN and 6S concepts
- 1+ year of experience with PC software and applications (CMMS, web browsers, Word, Excel, email)
- Able to read, redline, and understand various types of drawings/schematics
- Able to identify parts needed for repair
- Collaboration with many departments
- 1+ year of experience in Preventive & Predictive Maintenance
- 1+ year of experience maintaining electrical and mechanical systems as well as industrial equipment and plant utilities
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
US Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. As part of this commitment, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. Please contact USLeavesandAccommodations@milliporesigma.com, if a reasonable accommodation is needed or if you otherwise need assistance to participate in the hiring process.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.