Show All Results
Quality Supervisor (A Shift)
Work Your Magic with us! Start your next chapter and join MilliporeSigma.
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
As a Quality Supervisor at MilliporeSigma you will work onsite in the lab in Jaffrey NH, you will be supervising and supporting a laboratory group of personnel and resources for QC Labs.
- Supervise employees from 2 different shifts to accomplish all departmental goals and objectives in safe manner and in compliance with all various state, federal and company regulations (OSHA, EPA, FDA, NRC, etc.)
- Identify, evaluate, and implement process improvements.
- Pro-actively review Operating Procedures, test specifications, etc. for inconsistencies and errors and modify as appropriate in a timely manner.
- Develop subordinate’s knowledge and skills to improve performance and expand abilities in their current positions and individual career objectives.
- Select, train, develop, motivate, and evaluate employees in a timely manner consistent with company policies.
- Lead and motivate through positive reinforcement, encouragement, example, and communication of company values.
- Quickly resolve personnel conflicts and problems as they arise.
- Develop employees to maximize performance.
- Schedule tasks and processes to meet department and company objectives, which include scheduling personnel, equipment, and ordering raw materials.
- Communicate with employees, other departments, and management in a timely fashion.
- Identify, evaluate, and implement process improvements and expand group's abilities through subordinates.
- Encourage collaboration between subordinates and other groups/departments.
- Create/maintain positive pro-active approach toward quality compliance and safety.
- Ensure employees are maintaining acceptable housekeeping.
- Report incidents, assist in investigating causes and follow up with appropriate actions.
- Collaborate with management and various departments to resolve issues (HR, Maintenance, QC, QA, EHS, etc.)
Position located: Onsite in Jaffrey NH (A Shift: Monday-Friday 8:00 am–5:00 pm). **Ability to work flexible shifts when necessary.
Who you are:
- 2+ years in a direct management/leadership role in a manufacturing or quality position
- 2+ years technical manufacturing production or R&D experience
- High school Diploma or GED
- Technical production and analytical skills, Technical supervisory and problem-solving skills.
- 4+ years supervisory or Project Management experience using lean six sigma or 6S.
- Familiar with laboratory instrumentation and production equipment, ISO, OSHA, EPA, FDA. Regulations; Process safety management.
- Bachelor’s Degree, master’s degree or higher-level education in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Biology, or other life science.
- Basic economics and business principles.
- Strong communication, personal, and leadership skills.
- Mechanical aptitude; Computer skills.
- Planning, organizational and team building skills.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
US Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. As part of this commitment, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. Please contact USLeavesandAccommodations@milliporesigma.com, if a reasonable accommodation is needed or if you otherwise need assistance to participate in the hiring process.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.