Show All Results
Distribution Supervisor - AM Shift
Work Your Magic with us! Start your next chapter and join MilliporeSigma
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Distribution Supervisor – AM Shift at our Milwaukee, WI site supervises operations associates in a half million square foot Distribution Center, which includes establishing performance standards, monitoring employee performance, and engaging employees in the business. Job duties include:
- Supervises the department under direction of the department manager.
- Trains employees and maintains corporate quality systems, including ISO registration.
- Participates in talent selection process.
- Engages in performance management and accountability discussions to develop and retain employees.
- Resolves and maintains employee relations through effective communication for the area including, team meetings and daily interaction.
- Applies company and department policies consistently.
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments and provide guidance to staff.
- Enforces company safety, work and housekeeping standards.
- Evaluates processes and methods, recommends and implements measures to improve safety.
- Reviews chemical handling precautions and ensure employees are trained on safe handling of hazardous chemicals
- Responds to emergency situations.
- Active member of the emergency hazardous materials response team, medical response team or evacuation team
- Addressing unsafe situations and preventing interruption of operations by being an active member of the Chemical Spill Team.
- Recognize and initiate near miss reports.
- Complete accident/incident investigation reports within required time
- Conducts audits for compliance to procedures, rules and regulations.
- Develops and maintains training documents and SOPs in assigned areas
- Monitor resources daily and schedules workload and staff accordingly for assigned area to maximize safety, quality, and productivity
- Responsible for achieving established safety, quality, delivery, inventory, cost and people goals.
- Distributes and directs work assignments.
- Maintains required documentation including unit records, productivity, and activity reports.
- Monitors labor and materials to control costs.
- Provides financial justification when recommending equipment purchases.
- Leads, initiates, promote and actively participate in process improvement initiatives and cross functional teams resulting in safety, quality, productivity and cost saving improvements.
- Ensures the correct chemicals are received, stored, packed and shipped to meet customer’s expectations and in compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Ensure all packages conform to legal requirements for storage, and shipping of hazardous materials (DOT, CFR, IATA and IMO) as well as corporate and Factory Mutual policies ·
- Communicates with customers on special requirements and responds to corrective action requests
- Represents department during internal and external audits
- Coordinates with Sales & Marketing, Packaging Engineering, Procurement, Production, Packaging, Distribution, Compliance and Carriers and Freight Forwarders to resolve storage, packaging, shipping and customers concerns.
- Responds to Corrective Action requests (internal and external customers) within designated timeframe.
- Miscellaneous duties and tasks as assigned
- Follows all policies and procedures
- Must follow all good distribution practices (GDP), where applicable
- May sit, stand, walk, reach above the shoulder, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch, or crawl for long periods of time and/or stay on feet for eight plus hours.
- May occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds unassisted and more than 60 pounds assisted.
- Use of respirator when handling open chemicals.
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment, “PPE”, including but not limited to hard hats, glasses/goggles, chemical resistant suits, gloves, safety shoes.
- Involves the use of close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision, and adjusting focus.
- Work area may occasionally be wet, humid, abnormally hot or cold.
- Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 4+ years of experience as a supervisor in any setting.
- 1+ year of experience in a chemical manufacturing or distribution center setting.
- Good computer skills
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
US Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. As part of this commitment, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. Please contact USLeavesandAccommodations@milliporesigma.com, if a reasonable accommodation is needed or if you otherwise need assistance to participate in the hiring process.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.