Show All Results
Associate Distribution Supervisor - 2nd Shift
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Associate Distribution Supervisor – 2nd Shift in Milwaukee, WI will:
- Shift Hours: Monday – Friday 12:00pm – 9:00pm
- Lead the department under the direction of the department supervisor and manager.
- Assist with the training of employees.
- Shadow in the talent selection process.
- Shadow supervisors during performance management and accountability discussions.
- Assist supervisors in resolving and maintaining employee relations through effective communication for the area, including team meetings and daily interactions.
- Assist with the enforcement of company safety, work, and housekeeping standards.
- Evaluate processes and methods, recommends and implements measures to improve safety.
- Ensure employees are trained on safe handling of hazardous chemicals.
- Determine methods and procedures on new assignments to staff, with guidance.
- Respond to emergency situations.
- Active member of emergency hazardous materials response team, medical response team, or evacuation team.
- Assist with addressing unsafe situations and preventing interruption of operations by being an active member of the Chemical Spill Team.
- Recognize and initiate near miss reports.
- Conduct safety audits and provides feedback for both safe and unsafe actions.
- Assist in developing and maintaining training documents and SOPs in assigned areas.
- Assist supervisors with daily monitoring of resources and scheduling of workload and staff accordingly.
- Distribute work assignments and gives direction under the guidance of the supervisor or manager of the department.
- Assist the supervisor in maintaining the required documentation including unit records, productivity, safety, and activity reports.
- Assist with controlling costs and ensures supplies are ordered and used appropriately
- Promote and actively participates in process improvement initiatives.
- Help the department supervisor in ensuring the correct chemicals are received, stored, packaged, packed, and shipped to meet customer's expectations and in compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Learn and work with all company and governmental regulations: including ISO, DOT, CFR, IATA, IMO, OSHA, DEA and Factory Mutual guidelines.
- Miscellaneous duties and tasks as assigned
- Follows all policies and procedures.
- Must follow all good distribution practices (GDP).
- May involve use of respirator when handling open chemicals.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline
- High School diploma or GED
- 4 + years of work experience
- A strong team player work ethic with the ability to engage with all levels of the organization.
- Detail-oriented professional that can efficiently prioritize and execute given tasks under tight deadlines
- Experience in a Distribution Center or Chemical Manufacturing environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
US Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. As part of this commitment, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. Please contact USLeavesandAccommodations@milliporesigma.com, if a reasonable accommodation is needed or if you otherwise need assistance to participate in the hiring process.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.