Show All Results
Lab Supervisor 2
Work Your Magic with us! Start your next chapter and join MilliporeSigma.
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
At MilliporeSigma, as the Lab Supervisor 2, you will oversee a wide variety of assays or tests required to characterize product or material safety in addition to supervision of all Associate Scientists and/or lab technicians in the lab. Tasks include oversight and overall management of the lab and responsibility for lab metrics. The Lab Supervisor may also make scientific observations, maintain detailed documentation and ensure all documentation fulfills generally accepted professional/industry standards. Requirements also include maintaining an understanding of services, technical principles and applications.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for compliance of studies under the principles of GxP
- May act as Study Director with responsibility for the scientific conduct of GLP studies
- May act as the study management/ responsible person on the release of test results in a GMP study
- Document scientific observations and coordinate all activities associated with day-to-day laboratory operations
- Schedule the conduct of assays by lab staff and coordinate the scheduling samples to be tested
- Ensure the necessary paperwork is received to facilitate on time lab initiation of studies
- Review study data for accuracy, adherence to compliance and completeness of documentation
- Conduct thorough scientific investigations to determine the root cause for each deviation and nonconformance. Document all aspects of the investigation in a timely manner
- Liaise with Quality Assurance and appropriate cross-functional departmental areas to close the events and corrective actions identified during GxP laboratory testing
- Stay current with SOPs and regulations (cGMP and GLP)
- Periodically evaluate laboratory procedures, system controls and technical documentation such as SOPs and batch records to ensure compliance
- Manage the use and maintenance of scientific equipment and instrumentation, computer systems; Ensure that they are kept in a calibrated / validated state and part 11 compliant
- Assist in site visits (Technical and QA), complete client requests and addressing site visit/ audit findings in a timely manner
- Participate in conference calls and anticipate/ address client questions as appropriate
- Provide direct supervision to Associate Scientists and/or Laboratory Assistants. Meet with direct reports to set goals, conduct regular one-on-one discussions with employees, ensure development plans are in place for all employees, address personnel issues promptly, interview and hire new candidates and complete performance reviews fairly and on-time
- Act as point of contact for departmental training, ensuring training modules are up to date and training matrix reflects staff capabilities
- Participate in division-wide initiatives including Quality systems improvements, trans-divisional SOPs revisions, Lean projects, etc.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as appropriate or required
Who You Are:
- Master’s degree in a scientific field (i.e., Biology, Microbiology, Chemistry, etc.) with 1+ years laboratory supervisory experience – OR –
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific field (i.e., Biology, Microbiology, Chemistry, etc.) with 3+ years laboratory experience with 1+ years supervisory experience – OR –
- Associate degree in a scientific field (i.e., Biology, Microbiology, Chemistry, etc.) with 5+ years laboratory experience with 1+ years supervisory experience
- Relevant working knowledge and experience in area supervising (i.e., Virology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Immunoassay, etc.)
- Experience leading and/training staff in a laboratory setting
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that have been demonstrated through presentations/seminars, oversight of projects, implementation of new services, etc.
- Excellent time management skills
- Highly collaborative as well as independent
- Demonstrates a high level of initiative and leadership capabilities
- Effective supervisory, coaching and training skills for complex and highly technical work
- Highly, technically competent
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
US Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. As part of this commitment, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. Please contact USLeavesandAccommodations@milliporesigma.com, if a reasonable accommodation is needed or if you otherwise need assistance to participate in the hiring process.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.