Show All Results
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role is part of the investment projects sourcing ASIA organization. You are accountable to achieve Sourcing execution excellence and investment project success for any technical investment larger than 2 m€ for each business sector in Taiwan. The supplier market scope of Investment Projects Sourcing spans across all 3rd party needs in an investment project including sourcing of all architecture & engineering services, construction, and installation as well as all lab, infrastructure, and production equipment needs.
As senior sourcing professional, you will identify and drive strategic sourcing projects along the entire procurement process, starting from supply market analysis, identifying new and innovative suppliers until negotiations, contract implementation and supplier performance and relationship management.
This implies the following tasks in close alignment with stakeholders and business strategies but not limited to:
- Developing category strategy related to technical investment projects per managing portfolio of spend & regional business drivers.
- Develop senior level relationships to better understand and align with business strategy and direction to prioritize initiatives and harmonize business and category strategies.
- Ensure early involvement and close partnering with all local and investment project team stakeholders.
- Lead sourcing activities for Investment projects including, setting-up procurement execution model and procurement plan, setting up sourcing strategy, leading supplier qualification, bidding organization and negotiation, project follow-up in terms of quality, cost, delivery and timing, supplier base optimization.
- Implement category sourcing strategies and initiatives, close understanding of business needs & incorporation of global category strategy.
- Demand Management to bundle demand and even further shape the demand
- Supplier management including onboarding suppliers, segmenting suppliers, leading supplier relationships, managing supplier performance and creating a more collaborative environment. This will require as well the ability to manage the executive/owner level from medium to large scale 3rd parties.
- Contract management covers defining good practice contract terms & conditions, administration and termination of procurement contracts.
- Travel Frequency: approx. 30%, mainly within Taiwan
- Bachelor’s degree or above, preferrable in business administration or engineering
- More than 15 years working experience, including team management/leadership experience. Procurement or Engineering working experience in multinational company related to Investment Projects sourcing in chemical or life science industry is preferred. Preferred Specific Strategic Sourcing Category Expertise / Experience: Construction, Construction Design, General Contracting, Capital equipment
- Good communicator with the ability to manage interests across different levels
- Professional communication skills along with strong intercultural insights.
- Good project management skills with ability to work effectively in cross-functional and diverse teams.
- Structured and reliable working attitude, curiosity to learn new things.
- Fluent in both writing and speaking of English is must
- Time zone flexibility working within a global environment.
- Resilience & Pressure resistance
- Good ability to fit into new environment fast and be agile well balance the relationship in terms of organization complexity.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
US Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. As part of this commitment, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. Please contact USLeavesandAccommodations@milliporesigma.com, if a reasonable accommodation is needed or if you otherwise need assistance to participate in the hiring process.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.