Show All Results
Packaging Supervisor - 2nd Shift
Work Your Magic with us! Start your next chapter and join MilliporeSigmaS
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
At MilliporeSigma, as the Packaging Supervisor - 2nd Shift at our St Louis Dekalb site (3500 Dekalb Street) you are responsible for supervising, coordinating, and facilitating the activities related to the packaging of hazardous chemical products for our customers in compliance with company operating procedures and government regulations. Coordinate with Sales & Marketing, Packaging Engineering, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Quality Control, Quality Assurance and Compliance to resolve both product and customer concerns.
- Working Days/Hours: Monday-Thursday - 2:00pm- 12:30 am
- Plan, organize, and supervise daily work activities.
- Monitor daily resources and schedule staff accordingly to meet demand requirements.
- Oversee the packaging of products according to all established procedures and specifications to meet all quality standards, regulations and guidelines.
- Maintain employee relations through effective communication by holding regular team meetings and area walkthroughs.
- Lead, initiate, promote, and actively participate in process improvement initiatives.
- Help determine staffing needs/requirements for the packaging department.
- Participate in talent selection process by reviewing candidate resumes and assisting with interviews.
- Maintain a safe work environment by ensuring safety policies and procedures are followed.
- Review and revise departmental standard operating procedures as required.
- Mentor, train, coach, and develop employees on new and existing processes and procedures.
- Establish goals and expectations for direct reports.
- Evaluate employee performance and communicate performance standings regularly.
- Encourage/assist development toward individual career objectives or potential consistent with company needs.
- Represent packaging department during internal and external audits.
- Collaborate closely with other teams to assist in the implementation and validation of new process equipment.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 2+ years’ packaging or manufacturing experience
- Associate’s Degree with 2+ years' packaging or manufacturing experience and 1+ years' experience in a lead role position
- High School Diploma or GED with 3+ years’ packaging or manufacturing experience and 2+ years' experience in a lead role position
- Related packaging, industrial, pharmaceutical, or scientific/laboratory experience or training.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Experience with SAP system.
- Experience in a leadership role with demonstrated leadership ability.
- Familiar with safe chemical handling methods and practices.
- Knowledge of quality systems and guidelines.
- Familiar with packaging equipment and processes.
- Proficient in general computer use and software such as Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.).
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
US Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. As part of this commitment, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. Please contact USLeavesandAccommodations@milliporesigma.com, if a reasonable accommodation is needed or if you otherwise need assistance to participate in the hiring process.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.