Show All Results
Chemical Operator 2
Work Your Magic with us! Start your next chapter and join MilliporeSigma
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Chemical Operator 2 is responsible for performing the daily production duties within their production area along with the other operators on the production team. The main activities include: the manufacturing of products to ensure quality and favorable yield by following the standard operating procedures, while maintaining high standards for housekeeping, safety, and environmental compliance. The operator will contribute to the site’s continuous improvements utilizing the CIP database for BPS and continuous improvement ideas and may participate on 5S and L&SS projects. The operator is responsible for contributing to the site and departments key performance indicators (KPIs). Job duties include but are not limited to:
- SHIFT: Involves working a rotating schedule that includes a mix of days, nights, weekends, and holidays. You will generally work 7 day shifts and 7 night shifts over 4 weeks.
- Mica Preparation, Finishing, Blending & Packaging, Repack, Non-Dust, Bismuth, and WM production.
- Process chemicals by following standard operating procedures on equipment such as reactors, filters, kilns, centrifuge, pumps, etc.
- Assure safe and environmentally compliant operation of the production processes.
- Package and transfer chemicals safely.
- Monitor and maintain equipment, including adjusting controls, cleaning, and startup/shutdown.
- Conduct laboratory tests and record results like pH, temperature, particle analysis, etc.
- Participate in continuous improvements initiatives within areas of responsibility.
- Provide on-the-job training to other operator I and II as requested.
- Involves working 12-14 hour rotating shifts schedule on a regular basis.
- Move and handle heavy objects with appropriate equipment
- Work in extreme climates (high and low temperatures and humidity)
- Climb stairs and ladders, in addition to walk long distances
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3 + years of Chemical Operations experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Statistical analysis skills
- CPR and First Aid certification
- Exposure to Lean Six Sigma and ISO certification.
- Possess technical knowledge in the area of responsibilities.
- Basic math skills and proficiency with computers
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
US Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. As part of this commitment, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. Please contact USLeavesandAccommodations@milliporesigma.com, if a reasonable accommodation is needed or if you otherwise need assistance to participate in the hiring process.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.