Show All Results
Field Service Engineer II
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Field Service Engineer at MilliporeSigma will be responsible for the qualification, installation, repair, and preventative maintenance of the Process Solutions systems in a GMP environment throughout USA. You will be traveling across the country including both North America and Latin America as needed. You will be provided with all necessary tools and resources to provide MilliporeSigma’s customers with Best-in-Class customer service and support. You will be home-based operating under minimal supervision within the geographic territory.
- Prepare, execute, wrap-up and document services – FAT, SAT, IQ/OQ, Preventative Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Repair - on hardware systems used in biopharmaceutical production.
- Provide customer training on basic hardware operation and maintenance
- Work independently and proactively managing your time in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Work with the internal support groups within MilliporeSigma (Sales, Technical Services and others) to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction to MilliporeSigma’s customers.
- Make all customer contact regarding scheduling and completion of all work within the service territory.
- Ensure proper administration and management of the territory workload as well as properly document service call completion and provide appropriate documentation to customers.
- Promote MilliporeSigma consumables and services to all customers, encouraging the growth of Millipore Sigma’s Field Service business unit.
- Travel outside your territory, including other Provinces and internationally depending on the district service loading, to support fellow engineers in other territories and to attend training.
- Drive company vehicle.
This position will include routine overnight travel in assigned region. Overnight frequency is approximately 10-20%. Position may include work outside of normal business hours as business needs dictate.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds on occasion
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology or other Science or Engineering field
- Valid driver’s license
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Availability to travel frequently both domestic and international
- Field service experience with Electro-Mechanical devices, pumps
- Experience working with Microsoft Office
- Experience working with PC Device connections and Network settings, including but not limited to: serial port and USB connections, resource selection and IP address settings
- Basic knowledge of SCADA and PLC functionality
- Ability to read and understand technical documentation as Electrical Drawing and P&ID
- Experience in testing, repairing and maintaining capital equipment
- Experience working with electronics and computer background
- Experience in the use of mechanical and hand tools and service test equipment
- Experience manipulating GxP documents for machine qualification
- Technical degree in areas such as Plumbing, Electronics, Computer Repair
- Previous professional experience in Plumbing, Electronics, Computers
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and in an established team setting
- Effective communication and customer service skills with the ability to deliver “Best in class” customer satisfaction
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
US Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. As part of this commitment, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. Please contact USLeavesandAccommodations@milliporesigma.com, if a reasonable accommodation is needed or if you otherwise need assistance to participate in the hiring process.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.