Show All Results
Associate Scientist 3
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
At MilliporeSigma, as an Associate Scientist 3 your activities will support assay development through commercial application of new and innovative service offerings within the biosafety testing space. You are responsible for the scientific integrity of technical work performed in the laboratory, and will make scientific observations, maintain detailed workbooks/documentation and ensure all documentation fulfills generally accepted professional/industry standards. You will also maintain a thorough understanding of company testing services, technical principles and applications as they apply to your position.
- Conducts assigned testing independently within constraints of lab scheduling
- Performs testing in accordance with SOPs and regulations (cGMP and GLP)
- Maintains complete and comprehensive records for study integrity
- Makes detailed observations, documents results and performs data analysis
- Operates and maintains lab equipment as required by SOPs and testing procedures
- Performs peer review of assay batch/lab records to ensure Right First Time (RFT)
- Utilizes applicable computer programs during testing and routine tasks (i.e. Word, Excel, Oracle, LIMS, BRIQS, etc.)
- Utilizes problem solving/ trouble shooting skills
- Communicates deviations/ events, progress and interim results to Study Management
- Informs supervisor of deviations or factors that may affect quality and accuracy of data
- Maintains a working knowledge of lab procedures and assays
- Performs training of laboratory personnel as needed/ assigned
- Contribute ideas and suggestions to improve standard laboratory techniques, improve protocols, processes and equipment
- May serve as a team lead
- Assumes roles on more complex team projects
- Complies with company health and safety regulations and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
Who You Are:
- Master’s Degree in a scientific discipline (e.g., Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry etc.) with 1+ years laboratory experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a scientific discipline (e.g., Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry etc.) with 3+ years laboratory experience
- Associate’s Degree in a scientific discipline (e.g., Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry etc.) with 5+ years laboratory experience
- Demonstrates a high level of initiative and leadership capabilities
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and/or LIMS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well independently and in a team based environment
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
US Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. As part of this commitment, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. Please contact USLeavesandAccommodations@milliporesigma.com, if a reasonable accommodation is needed or if you otherwise need assistance to participate in the hiring process.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.