Show All Results
Head of Project Portfolio Management India Hub
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
Accountable for managing a portfolio of multiple MBS (share services center) owned initiatives from ideation through to initiation and roll out. Main counterpart to Head of MBS Bangalore Hub and Innovation & Data for jointly driving related initiatives and projects. Work jointly with cross-functional partners inside and outside of MBS to drive MBS strategic initiatives. And leading a team of Project Managers responsible for project execution. Experience in Lean Management, such as daily management, problem solving, Kaizen etc. is required.
The project portfolio consists of strategy implementation, transition, post-merger integration, innovation, and other type of projects. Able to work in complex/international environments. Closely aligned with the Global Program & Project Portfolio Management and key stakeholders of the Bangalore Hub organization, he/she is accountable for delivering items as part of the Bangalore Hub portfolio.
- Responsible for managing a portfolio of programs, projects and other initiatives
- Ensures compliance to methodologies, processes and procedures for managing the portfolio and successful execution of projects
- Identifies key risks, prioritizes & agrees on mitigation/action plan
- Periodically monitors the progress, quality and risks with respect to the overall project portfolio and reports status updates to upper management regularly through governance calls and presentations
- Steers the overall execution of the project portfolio in close alignment with the Global Program & Project Portfolio Management leadership team, CoE/PMO and other key stakeholders involved
- Oversees and calibrates the portfolio, identifies/solves potential resource shortages, coordinates adjustments and ensures that requirements for a successful project planning and execution are fulfilled
- Is responsible for the quality assurance of the project portfolio assigned
- Continues to build long-term relationships with new and existing stakeholders
- Facilitates decision making, work with different stakeholders to ensure alignment
- Partners with functions/ business to support adequate organizational setup in line with industry and internal standards
- Effectively builds and leads a team of 2-4 project managers by motivating team members to perform better, encourage staff to understand the process, resolve conflicts and build collaboration within the team and project team members
- Empower team members to develop new skills and be more productive
Who you are:
- University degree (business related)
- Candidates should possess 8-10 years of professional experience
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in managing teams and leading projects is required
- Having a background in a global business services environment is advantageous. Particularly valuable is experience in business process transformation.
- Excellent people management skills
- Excellent English communication skills
- Effective negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and process management skills
- Excellent project management skills incl. certification (e.g. PMP, PRINCE2, SCRUM). Consulting experience is a plus.
- Lean Management experience
- Solid analytical skills. Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Results and quality oriented
- Team player with the ability to excel in an agile, collaborative, ambiguous environment
- Ability to set priorities and execute accordingly – make difficult decisions and act autonomously
- Persistency combined with strong empathy
- Ability to work under high pressure, as well as in a demanding and dynamic environment
- Flexibility and willingness for regular business trips (~20%)
Register now to our new Talent Zone! It is a great way to stay connected, learn more about our company, career opportunities and events!
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
US Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. As part of this commitment, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. Please contact USLeavesandAccommodations@milliporesigma.com, if a reasonable accommodation is needed or if you otherwise need assistance to participate in the hiring process.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.