Show All Results
IT Business Process Arch.: Invoice-to-Pay (I2P)
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
SPECIFIC JOB DESCRIPTION
As a value-driven member of our global Digital, Data & IT (DDIT) organization helping to enable the digital transformation of our company’s Enabling Functions, you will play a key role as IT Business Process Architect (BPA) – Invoice to Pay (I2P), with a focus on our Life Sciences sector/business.
You will be accountable across different levels with I2P, for example: participating in the design, build, test, deployment and post go-live support for strategic (transformational) SAP ERP-related projects worldwide.
As a member of this business-facing global Technology team, you will help advise project managers and workstream leads, train key users, support stakeholders and keep governance on ERP and the associated IT landscape in different business sectors and regions. You will act as a trusted advisor in various projects, being the main counterpart for consultants and technical experts, and coordinating key user activities like requirements gathering, testing, training and master data preparation.
For already running (“live”) subsidiaries in both ERP and related Invoicing solutions (E.g. OpenText Vendor Invoice Management (VIM) and SAP-FI), you will manage process governance, evaluate new change requests (CRs), facilitate process owner decisions, as well as propose/advise on process improvement initiatives, including key user management.
SCOPE OF PEOPLE RESPONSIBILITY
- This position doesn't have direct reports; you will act as an individual contributor
- INTERNAL [BUSINESS] STAKEHOLDERS: Key business stakeholders primarily exist in Germany (HQ) and Poland (Shared Service Centre). But also depending on the project or a system change request (CR), key stakeholders may vary on a global level and also for an interim period while a project is running.
- INTERNAL [IT] STAKEHOLDERS: Cooperation with cross-functional IT colleagues is very important. There is a key IT centre located in India where many internal developers work, and customer service colleagues (aka “AMS”) are based. As well, for this I2P BPA position, there are other colleagues located across: Poland and USA
- Working closely and being comfortable working with external consultants (E.g. Integrators, Software providers) is a key element to this role.
- Minimum of a master’s degree or equivalent in: IT, Engineering or Business
- +5 years of experience working with SAP ERP and as well deep knowledge of (vendor) Invoicing and related processes (E.g. PO Invoice, Non-PO Invoice, Credit Memo, Down Payment, invoice reconciliation exceptions, payment proposals, etc.)
- Preferably working within the industries of either: Pharmaceutical, Chemical or Life Science
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
- Superior communication skills (written & verbal), where you can demonstrate comfort and experience interacting with people with different levels of seniority (IT and non-IT) and can talk about complex topics in clear and concise manner
- You have a successful track working in the capacity either as an SAP consultant, or an IT Business Architect who gained in-depth I2P knowledge through hands-on project deployments on a global level
- You possess comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of the SAP invoicing processes, as well as a broad understanding of applicable regulations (E.g. Sales/Use Tax, etc.)
- You have a deep understanding of the respective modules in SAP, particularly SAP-FI, and across several SAP versions (ideally incl. S4/HANA)
- You also (ideally) have experience working with complementary invoice automation solutions, such as: OpenText, Esker, Ariba Network, etc. (NOTE: global invoicing tool is OpenText VIM)
- You have a solid knowledge of master data management for invoicing and payment preperation (including the interrelation with SAP’s: MDG-s, MDG-f, etc.)
- Ideally you have (high-level) understanding of other SAP modules (e.g. FI and MM) and understand the dependency of these modules with the E2E invoicing process (receipt, recognition, processing, approval, payment proposal and payment execution)
- You demonstrate robust understanding of the integration between Finance and Purchasing processes in the overall process landscape, both from a technical point of view, as well as from a business perspective
- Ideally you have previous hands-on experience with different project methodologies (e.g. Agile) and project tools (e.g. HP-ALM, JIRA)
- Comfortable acting as the link between IT and business with strong motivation to learn new concepts, topics and technologies (E.g. AI, robotics, process mining, etc.)
- Possesses a creative and open mind, pro-active way of working, take action, and anticipates opportunities
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced (and often times) entrepreneurial environment, with multiple projects running in parallel, and where ambiguity may exist requiring strong problem solving skills
- Comfortable working in a team where fellow colleagues and your manager sits in a different time zone
- Act as an owner, with a strong accountability attitude
- Business English is a must, additional languages would be an advantage (but not required)
- Willing to travel: 10-15%; or as deemed required for strategic projects (E.g. SAP transformation projects
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
US Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. As part of this commitment, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. Please contact USLeavesandAccommodations@milliporesigma.com, if a reasonable accommodation is needed or if you otherwise need assistance to participate in the hiring process.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.