Show All Results
Associate Production Scientist - 1st Shift
Work Your Magic with us! Start your next chapter and join MilliporeSigma.
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
At MilliporeSigma, as the Associate Production Scientist – 1st shift at the Cherokee site (3300 S. Second Ave), is focused on manufacturing, packaging and evaluating products according to established protocols, providing technical support to others and performing operations in support of the group and department.
- Shift: 5:30am – 2:00pm, Monday- Friday
- Ensure adequate training is completed to perform tasks/assignments.
- Ensure equipment and working areas are clean during and after operations.
- Complete the volume of work required to achieve group/departmental goals and meet deadlines.
- Contribute to support functions of manufacturing and packaging (e.g., maintain equipment, prepare reagents, restock lab supplies, waste disposal).
- Communicate the status of operations and bring deviations to the attention of supervisor.
- Provide complete and accurate records consistent with quality guidelines.
- Ensure all applicable log-books have been filled out completely as required by current procedures.
- Interface across departments and collaborate with external customers.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting utilizing technical knowledge and theory.
- Design complex experiments, evaluate data, and draw conclusions.
- Write and modify procedures consistent with quality guidelines and review other procedures as requested.
- Participate in quality audits and prepare responses as needed.
- Perform process/method development on existing and custom products.
- Prepare written procedures for products and assays without a protocol.
- Improve processes through application of scientific knowledge, experience, and principles in compliance with change control procedures.
- Take the necessary action to resolve any unsafe conditions.
- Develop efficient processes/procedures for existing and new product introduction, assays, technologies, instrumentation, and software.
- Provide accurate, concise, complete, and clear documentation to facilitate implementation of the new assays or instruments.
- Develop robust, accurate methods with minimal experimentation while evaluating the risks and cost-effectiveness to the supply chain.
- Perform and interpret analytical evaluations of products and intermediates.
- Provide technical support and training to personnel as well as cross-functional teams.
- Lift, push pull, or move up to 80lbs.
- Use hands and feet to operate equipment.
- Walk, reach above shoulders, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch, crawl, and/or stand and perform repetitive movements for extended periods of time.
- Wear appropriate PPE such as air helmets, masks, safety shoes, rubber apron, protective gloves, safety glasses and goggles, and or Tyvek suit.
- Exposure to non-weather-related conditions such as cold, heat, and humidity.
- Work near moving mechanical parts with high noise level.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a scientific discipline (e.g., Chemistry, Biology, Chemical Engineering , etc.)
- 2+ years of experience in a laboratory or cGMP environment
- High School Diploma or GED
- 6+ years of experience in a laboratory or cGMP environment
- Knowledge in chemistry or biochemistry, math and general science.
- Laboratory and analytical skills.
- Familiar with laboratory instruments and production equipment.
- Process techniques and unit operations.
- Analytical techniques and equipment.
- Safe chemical handling methods.
- Good communication, troubleshooting, interpersonal, organizational, computer and mechanically skills
- Knowledge of ISO Quality standards.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
US Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. As part of this commitment, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. Please contact USLeavesandAccommodations@milliporesigma.com, if a reasonable accommodation is needed or if you otherwise need assistance to participate in the hiring process.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.