Show All Results
Sr. Bioinformatics Data Scientist 1
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
Senior Bioinformatics Data Scientist
Created in our Life Science Transformation Office (now part of the Technology Office) and still transformational at heart, the Digital Center of Excellence team (DiCE) is an agile and forward-thinking team of currently 70 + highly motivated individuals that thrives on facilitating, streamlining, and accelerating the conception, development and scaling of high-quality digital solutions that solve our Life Science customers’ challenges. We value teamwork, innovation, and a passion for learning.
As part of DiCE R&D enablement, you will work on accelerating early phases of scientific software development, and on crafting scientific algorithms for groundbreaking, digital platforms. You will use your knowledge and understanding of AI, cheminformatics, and bioinformatics tools to develop digital tools that answer the toughest challenges in Life Science. Your strong interpersonal skills and knowledge of computational techniques in biology and chemistry enable you to make strides at the forefront of digital innovation. You will be working in an interdisciplinary team that includes lab managers, chemists, biologists, data scientists, and software engineers based around the world.
In this role, you need to understand and translate R&D lab needs into product requirements for prototype construction, scientific algorithm development, and final product development by software engineering teams. You will be typically involved in activities, such as:
- Analyzing complex problems in Life Science and articulating solution ideas based on ChemInformatics, BioInformatics and AI/ML approaches
- Providing proof-of-concepts for testing out R&D lab ideas
- Following an agile development approach in building PoC and core software modules. You will contribute to the development of the scientific component of the software and work in close collaboration with cross functional software engineering teams e.g. UI/UX experts
- Keeping up with the latest development in computational chemistry, computational biology and machine-driven drug discovery in publications to improve the existing digital products based on them
- Building the computational chemistry engine for drug discovery or lab automation purpose based on ML/AL and other procedural algorithms.
- Curating large datasets and building predictive models from them
- Applying ML/AL on the traditional computational science approaches
- Documenting data, data curation and model building processes
Who youa are
- Masters or PhD degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Cheminformatics, Chemical Engineering, Computer Science or related fields.
- Minimum of 5 years industry experience. Thereof, minimum 3 years working with bioinformatics, cheminformatics, and/or ML techniques in the Pharmaceutical, Biotech, or Life Science industry
- Familiarity with Palantir Foundry, AWS computing platforms, and the agile development process preferred.
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary and cross-culture teams
- Excellent communication skills
- Be curious and innovative with a strong desire to revolutionize the life science industry
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
US Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. As part of this commitment, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. Please contact USLeavesandAccommodations@milliporesigma.com, if a reasonable accommodation is needed or if you otherwise need assistance to participate in the hiring process.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html
Join our Talent Zone
Tell us about yourself and let our Talent Advisors help you find your next career opportunity.