We invest in the development of all of our people, because our fundamental belief is that everyone has talent. And there are many ways to grow! We are convinced that a large part of your learning is done on the job. We trust you with responsibility and appreciate those who want to seek new horizons, e.g. by taking over areas you were not yet acquainted with or the lead in larger projects.
We believe that your achievements are the basis to the power of our teams. Therefore, a lot of your learning will naturally come through the knowledge and experience you gain by interacting with colleagues and partners. They are located around the globe and provide the perfect possibility to work beyond national boundaries and across cultures and social backgrounds.
Of course, you can also learn via formal training. Here are some examples of our globally established development programs:
- For first time managers we offer the Managerial Foundation Program that supports managers with their transition from self-management to the management of others.
- Managers of managers can take part in the Advanced Management Program helping them to lead global, virtual teams in ways.
- Our Growth Markets Management program operates in emerging markets for local executives from regions such as China, the Middle East, India and Latin America to address the needs in their differing business environments.
- For high potentials, early in career, the International Management program, prepares them for a future leadership role and provides visibility and interaction with Top Management. For more senior leaders, the University sponsored by Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, run in cooperation with top international universities, offers a multi-regional one-year program.
- We also believe in encouraging our employees to share their love of discovery by developing new skills, so we partner with schools around the world through SPARK, our global volunteer initiative.
Your country may have specific development programs for the role you are applying for, so please ask about this during the application and/or the interview process.