Safety and security
Can a car see?
Safer cars see more. Cameras play a key role in state of the art driver assistance systems on millions of cars on the road today as well as in autonomous driving in the future.
Our Patinal® portfolio provides the highest quality coating materials for camera optics and mirrors:
- Over 40 materials for optical thin films
- Whole range of low-, medium-, and high-refractive index materials
- High-density and crystalline materials
- Wide transparency range
- Durable and scratch-resistant layers
- Clear rear view over car’s lifetime
- Robust and scratch-resistant layers that last through all kinds of weather conditions
Exterior car cameras
- Anti-reflection coatings for all lenses to ensure high light throughput, distortion- and flare-free imaging
- Coating materials for night vision applications
- Water-and-smudge-repellent top coating
Invisible security solutions for anti-counterfeiting:
- Incorporate invisible taggants that can be detected only by special readers
- Address quality issues of intermediate or potential threats of imitations
Respond to supply chain challenges caused by globalization, and incorporate taggants into literally any kind of material with Securalic®. Be aware that product liability remains with the respective manufacturer.