We supply polysilazane formulations for special purpose barrier coatings, which can be applied to plastics, glass, and other surfaces. We provide responsive, local support to our customers, helping them to rapidly bring advanced barrier coating solutions to the market.
- Solution-processable coating materials based on polysilazanes
- Available for various coating methods including roll-to-roll printing
- Curing transforms the product into transparent, silica glass-like layers
- Creation of an inorganic barrier film (contains no carbon)
- Catalyst contained materials, catalyst assist low temperature cure for transformation
Formulations for high-performance barrier films
As a result of polymerization, polysilazane is transformed into a transparent glass-like layer after processing. This layer makes a barrier against oxygen and water and achieves < 10-3 g/m2/day in a single layer and < 10-4 g/m2/day in a multiple-layer configuration.
Basic knowledge of polysilazanes
Polysilazanes are polymers in which silicon and nitrogen atoms alternate to form the basic backbone. Each silicon atom is bound to two separate nitrogen atoms and each nitrogen atom to two silicon atoms as depicted.
Key features and benefits
Tunable barrier performance
- Easy-to-adjust formulation for different target end-markets
- 200 ~ 800 nm thick
Variety of substrates
- Designed for coating on plastics or glass
- Do not need vacuum processing