What makes your smartphone smart?
Did you know ...
... that it’s highly likely that you come into contact with EMD Performance Materials every day? We point out what materials from us are inside your smartphone and how they enhance its performance.
In smartphone production
- Primarily our lithographic materials such as antireflective coatings, carbon underlays and thin-film insulators are used. They make it possible to manufacture microchips.
- Tantalum and cobalt precursors help to coat the chips.
- Silicon materials such as Klebosol are used to smoothen special surfaces.
- The process materials include various auxiliaries such as solvents.
- Dielectric materials such as the silicon polymer PHPS are used to maintain electrical insulation between the individual transistors.
- Either organic light-emitting diodes (OLEDs) or liquid crystals are used in the smartphone display – EMD Performance Materials is a market leader for both
Get smarter in just a few minutes by listening to our podcast
Smartphone Technology and the Future of Innovation - with Aldo Orsi & Mansour Moinpour.
Learn about the dielectrics, metals, and other components from EMD Performance Materials that make your smartphone possible. Plus: the unique challenges of advancing technology on a microscopic level, the future of virtual and augmented reality, and what’s in store for autonomous vehicles.
Head of Global Product Management, Semiconductor Solutions
Head of Technology Scouting, Semiconductor Solutions