We are working on ambitious goals
We endeavor to reduce direct and indirect emissions to mitigate our impact on the climate.
We consider it fundamental to both prevent and recycle as much of our waste as possible.
For us, sustainable water management means not negatively impacting the aquatic ecosystems.
- Product safety
Product safety is one of our top priorities: From safe handling of hazardous substances to ensuring patient safety.
We aim to be an attractive employer, encouraging creativity and development under ideal working conditions.
- Access to Medicine
We support a variety of initiatives that improve access to health particularly for people in low- and middle-income countries.
- Growth & Profit sharing
Our growth results from innovations and acquisitions strengthening our position in important markets, supported by strong cash-flow, long-term margins of >30% and a conservative but reliable dividend.
- Risk management
We are focusing on a diversified business model: Our 3 sectors have pioneering knowledge to develop products to improve life for patients, further the success of our customers and meet global challenges.
Our core values along with the external regulations lead to business-guiding charters and principles for our responsible governance, documented in our Corporate Responsibility strategy and report.
Emissions, water, waste reduced despite growing business
- Growth-independent reduction of company‘s greenhouse gas emissions of 20% until 2020 vs. 2006
- Despite sales growth of 137% 2006 vs. 2018 we achieved a 11% reduction of CO2 equiv.
- We still confirm our goal for 2020 expecting positive impact from latest initiatives, e.g. process optimizations and change to renewable energy
- We reduce waste and recycle as much as possible - we aim to reduce the environmental impact of our waste by 5% until 2025 compared to 2016
- The Group's Waste Score allows us to compare the amount of waste our sites are producing
- We ensure that raw materials are recycled and that unrecyclable waste is discarded
Group's Waste Score
- At 24 sites with relevant water use in areas of high water stress we aim to cut water consumption by 10% until 2020 vs. 2014
- 2018, we lowered our water consumption by 11% resulting from sustainable water management and re-usage
- All pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities have wastewater treatment plants