More sustainable products throughout their life-cycle
Continuously improving the sustainability performance of our products and helping our customers to reach their sustainability targets:
Design for Sustainability (DfS) program
With the Design for Sustainability (DfS) program, we reduce environmental impacts of devices and instruments, also through customers’ own use, when developing a new product.
- By the end of 2018, 27% of these DfS product development projects met three or more product sustainability criteria.
- EZ-Fit™ Manifold laboratory filter now requires 47% less raw material than its predecessor.
Green alternatives of various chemicals
Our in-house-developed web-based tool DOZN™ enables us to assess green alternatives of various chemicals, creating transparency for our customers.
- Cyrene™: Bio-based solvent derived from waste cellulose is usedas an alternative to the critical substance formic acid.
- To date, we have used this matrix to assess and improve more than 40 products.
Reduce energy consumption
We develop display technologies that reduce energy consumption.
- We are developing high performance OLED materials. OLEDs increase the energy efficiency of displays.
- Our liquid crystal window technology under the new brand eyrise™ can lower the energy consumed by building climate control significantly.
In 2018 Cyrene was shortlisted for the “innovation of the year” at the Ethical Corporation’s Responsible Business Awards.
At BAU 2019 we showed an iconic building design by renowned Brazilian architect Oscar Niemeyer.