Innovation Summer School
What is the Innovation Summer School?
The Innovation Center at our Headquarters in Darmstadt, the City of Science, aims to develop entirely new businesses and technologies beyond our current scope.
At Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany we believe that scientific exploration and responsible entrepreneurship are key to technological advances that benefit us all. Within this context, the Innovation Summer School operates as a paid 3-month program (internship) that allows you to learn about intrapreneurship, meaning innovation in a corporate environment, and grow a seed idea into a “pitchable” innovation concept. The program welcomes brilliant PhD students and experienced Master’s students who will be fully integrated into the Innovation Center and will develop their ideas in a team around specific challenge topics. We are looking for outstandingly talented individuals to absorb everything they can about innovation from experts at our company and who feel a real passion to bring their ideas to life.
How does the Innovation Summer School work?
The program will take you through intensive innovation trainings, involvement in innovation practice, and hands-on project experience at our state-of-the-art Innovation Center. Ultimately, the goal of the program is to develop new innovation projects that lead to new businesses for Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany. By networking amongst our 57,000 employees around the world, you can build a project that connects the know-how of our three core businesses: Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics.
Guided by our experienced innovation facilitators and trainings, you will have the amazing opportunity to pitch your team's innovation concept to our seed funding committee. If your team's idea is selected, it will form the basis of a real innovation project with the option to continue working on it further. This is a great chance to launch your career by becoming a real intrapreneur!
- The Innovation Summer School operates as a 3-months paid program (internship) during the universities' summer break.
- Each team will work on developing an innovation project within one of our Innovation Challenges from scratch and will then pitch an innovation concept that is relevant and meaningful for our company's innovation strategy.
- Each team will be required to build a network across the company to involve the most suitable experts from around the world to support and join their team.
What are the benefits for you?
- Gain a deep understanding of how a leading global science and technology company like Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany drives innovation and change from its futuristic Innovation Center.
- Discover how a global player like Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany enables innovation within corporate structures in a flexible, agile and modern work environment.
- Learn to be an intrapreneur, understanding the challenges and opportunities of corporate innovation.
- Experience a truly intercultural and interdisciplinary learning environment with a unique mix of young and experienced talents.
- Receive an Innovation Center certification as proof of expertise.
- Get to know the Rhine-Main region in the center of Germany.
- Get support for visa applications as required.