Iriotec® 7000 – Add sparkle to surfaces the right way
Taking the sting out of static
Zap – sparks caused by an unexpected discharge of static electricity are the last thing you need in high-voltage engineering and electronic products – just two areas with unique requirements when it comes to material surfaces and coatings. Long-term exposure to static electricity and discharge can also have a serious impact on material robustness and performance. Smart science offers the solution, making it possible to simply dissipate the charge. By adding Iriotec® 7000 pigments to varnishes, paints, and coatings, not only can the aesthetics of surfaces be enhanced by adding light or eye-catching color, but surfaces also become safer by conducting static electricity. The anti-static, conductive properties of our pigments are permanent. And so is the visual effect, especially if more brightness is required rather than common carbon black.
- Light colors or translucent – or both if required
- Surface resistance ranging from 104 to 109 ohms
- Permanent antistatic properties (independent of humidity levels)
- Strong thermal stability (up to 800˚C)
- Strong chemical stability (resistant to acids, alkalis, organic solvents, and surfactants)
Ideal applications for using Iriotec® 7000
- Light colored-conductive coatings
- Conductive floor coatings
- Conductive primers that enable electrostatic spray application (ESTA)
- Translucent antistatic coatings
The science behind this smart solution is simple: Iriotec® 7000 adds semiconductive particles to surfaces.
How it works
Iriotec® 7300 pigments are intrinsically conductive – which makes them ideal for adding a conductive layer to dielectric substrates (materials that are poor at conducting electricity,). To add coatings that actively conduct electricity, the Iriotec® 7300 pigments in the formulation set up a fully conductive “network.” You can’t see this network, but within the surface are tiny pathways or matrices of particles. Because they’re conductive and touch one another, they instantly discharge electricity – extremely useful when they’re added to nonconductive polymers.
Contact us to learn more about our electrically conductive particles – Iriotec® 7000.