Miraval® creates brilliant sparkle combined with soft rainbow effects. With its radiant luster and unusually brilliant shimmer, this pigment family gives a touch of extravagance to coatings, plastics and print products. It combines unique purity of colors with high transparency and intensive reflective power.
- Fireworks of effects
- Explosive sparkle
- Captivating and enchanting shimmer
- Fascinating light interplay
- Enormous brilliance with outstanding color saturation
- Elegant sparkle effects of individual particles
- Outstanding flop behavior
Weatherproof coatings for exterior applications
Miraval® effect pigments make every coating something very special. They are especially suited to powder coatings, industrial coatings and dispersion paints, and are used to refine leather fashion accessories, as well as household appliances and wood surfaces. With their additional coating, Miraval® lines developed especially for exterior use display outstanding weather resistance and allow the pigments to be used in façade coatings.
Printing and plastics
Miraval® effect pigments make print products something very special. Use them in gravure, flexo and screen printing and pressure coating, to refine brochures, packaging, wallpaper and textiles, to name just a few applications. Even in materials with uniform color coverage, Miraval® still shows off its special glitter effects and significantly reduces the visibility of flowlines. The different colored pigments in the Miraval® family can be combined in any way and offer extraordinary variety of styling potential – even at the lowest concentrations.
The secret of Miraval® is all inside: the substrate is completely transparent, developing extremely smooth, optically perfect surfaces for optimum reflection.
- Miraval® consists of synthetic calcium aluminum borosilicate, coated with metal oxides
- Perfect finish to refine leather fashion accessories, as well as household appliances, wood surfaces, and façades
- Especially suited to powder coatings, industrial coatings, dispersion paints, and are used to refine leather fashion accessories, as well as household appliances and wood surfaces
- Relatively great particle size compared to other pigments
Change the concentration to create fascinating effects—from individual reflection points to a completely metallic character. To give formulations a soft shimmer or luster while retaining the same color intensity, include Miraval® pigments at a concentration of less than one percent. The Miraval® Scenic series has a particle size of 10-100μm, Miraval® Magic of 20-200μm.