We are curious minds dedicated to human progress. We believe that scientific exploration and responsible entrepreneurship are key to technological advances that benefit us all. Our values – courage, achievement, responsibility, respect, integrity, and transparency – guide us in every step we take and in every decision we make.
As a company, we have a strong foundation. These fundamentals have been defined by the Merck family. We always take them into consideration when discussing and deciding on our Group strategy.
- We follow a risk-diversification strategy with three distinct business sectors, and we avoid overexposure to any single customer, industry, or geography. We ensure resilience against business disruption and deep crises.
- With our science and technology focus, we want to be leaders in our fields of expertise and markets, always pushing the boundaries to find new solutions and drive innovation. We aim to create value for our business and for society.
- We continue to operate under our current ownership with the Merck family as the majority owner.
- We deliver sustainable value, and we want to maintain an attractive financial profile (for example, a strong credit rating) while assessing and considering the ESG (Environmental, Social, Governance) impact of our growth ambition.
- Mergers and acquisitions (M&A) are an important driver of our long-term value creation strategy with a focus on innovation-driven technology.
* The contents of this chapter or section are voluntary and therefore not audited. However, our auditor has read the text critically.