The Institute has built up, broadened and advanced a comprehensive portfolio, including the following programs:
- Development of a pediatric Praziquantel (PZQ) formulation to treat schistosomiasis in children under the age of six
- Development of a new active ingredient for the treatment and prevention of malaria in very young children
- Screening programs through dedicated drug discovery platforms for new potential candidates against schistosomiasis and malaria
- Development of diagnostics for schistosomiasis and for malaria
- Development of products and technologies to improve preventive measures
The Institute’s structure, integrated strategy and operating model as well as its portfolio showcases the Company’s continuous engagement in the fight against infectious diseases, to improve health for all.
The Access to Medicines Index 2018 report published in November 2018 highlights the Institute as a leading practice to accelerate R&D, incorporate access provisions and build capacity for projects and initiatives targeting schistosomiasis, malaria and other infections.