Innovation for all
Technology, science and digital programs
Businesses can play a major part in responding to global health threats, such as the current Covid-19 pandemic. As a science and technology company, we are committed to developing and delivering unique, life-changing health products and technologies for low- and middle-income countries.
Focusing on technology, science and digital programs, we aim to strengthen health systems in these countries in a sustainable way, so they are better prepared to fight disease, leveraging our expertise and creating opportunities for shared value.
Our research and development
Our research and development focus for innovative treatments, diagnostics and vector control methods includes:
- Developing a pediatric formulation of our drug to treat schistosomiasis in children under the age of six
- Developing a new active ingredient for the treatment and prevention of malaria in children under the age of six
- Screening programs through dedicated drug discovery platforms for new potential candidates against schistosomiasis and malaria. We are committed to delivering our open innovation initiatives to support research in infectious diseases.
- Developing diagnostics for schistosomiasis and for malaria
- Developing products and technologies to improve preventive measures and detect falsified and substandard medicines.
Those programs are based on public-private partnerships with leading global health institutions and organizations in both developed and low- to middle-income countries. This enables us to maximize our impact in an economically viable way.
Global Health Institute (Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany)More information
Global Health Institute (Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany)
The Institute partners up to strengthen health system resilience in low- and middle-income countries in a sustainable manner. It translates Science, Technology & Digital approaches into innovative health solutions to control and eliminate infectious diseases, mainly schistosomiasis and malaria.
Pediatric Praziquantel Consortium ProgramMore information
Pediatric Praziquantel Consortium Program
The Pediatric Praziquantel Consortium is an international public-private partnership that aims to develop, register and provide access to a suitable pediatric praziquantel formulation for treating schistosomiasis in preschool-age children (below 6 years of age).
As One Against MalariaMore information
As One Against Malaria
As One Against Malaria, we implement projects to develop and provide access to innovative drugs and tools supporting prevention, diagnosis, control and elimination. We also contribute strengthening health systems in and for low- and middle-income countries.
Our long-standing commitment to catalyze research in infectious diseases such as malaria and schistosomiasis.learn more
Science and Technology
With the help of science, we can solve many of humanity’s most urgent challenges.learn more
Falsified and substandard medicines expose millions of people to serious health conditions that can lead to loss of life. We use technology to fight counterfeit medicine.Learn more