Podcasts & Videos
Semiconductors: A Quiet Revolution
Tune into Future Talk as nanotechnologist Dr. Suman Datta and chemist Dr. Ralph Dammel discuss how semiconductors are driving positive change in many aspects of our lives.
Electronic Engineering Podcast Fry Fish
What do new material synthesizing, device innovation, and lab-grown organs have in common?
Listen to Casper van Oosten, Business Head and Managing Director at Intermolecular and Amelia Dalton from Fry Fish, discussing synthesizing new materials for device innovation, how Intermolecular is tackling challenges in electronics, life sciences, and health care with our Innovation Hub in San Jose, CA, and how control at the atomic limit inspired Casper to get into the world of semiconductors.
Podcasts: CES 2020
CES is the world’s gathering place for all of the biggest topics in consumer technologies – AI, 5G, quantum computing, displays, wearables and more. As the company behind the companies, EMD Electronics showcased a series of in-booth panels, featuring knowledge experts and their perspectives on some of the biggest tech trends. Curious? Listen in on those panel discussions below or visit our event landing page.
- Episode 1: Advancing Digital Living – from Smart Cities to the most remote places on Earth. Learn about how EMD Electronics is helping enable innovative solutions towards a more sustainable, interconnected and more efficient place to live. Kai Beckmann, Gottfried Wastlbauer, and Rory Moore share their perspectives on what they believe our future cities will look like.
- Episode 2: Superconducting Quantum Computing: from chips to full systems. Quantum computing is poised to disrupt traditional computing methods and bring the power to tackle large optimization problems. Learn how John Langan, Daniel Franke and John Levy are addressing these challenges.
- Episode 3: The Future of Displays: What will it bring? Tune in to our podcast where Gottfried Wastlbauer, Seamus Blackley and Bob O’Brien, share their outlooks on where the brighter, smarter and more colorful future of displays is headed.
- Episode 4: Opportunities for Neuromorphic Computing. Learn more about the role neuromorphic computing could play in the future of Artificial Intelligence. John Langan, Owen Lozman and Wei Lui discuss how we are unlocking the potential for nature-based computing.
Podcasts: CES 2019
Are you a curious mind? Quench your thirst for knowledge in our podcast series, Curiosity:
- Episode 1: EMD Electronics and the Science Behind Today's and Tomorrow's Technology - with Anand Nambiar & DongKwan Lee. Learn about EMD Electronics, why packaging innovation is a vital component in developing new technologies and what it takes from a business standpoint to change the way we interact with computers and other devices in our daily lives.
- Episode 2: How to push the boundaries of innovation - with Anand Nambiar & DongKwan Lee. Learn about the unbelievable level of purity and complexity that goes into producing new technologies. Also, what researchers are working on in the semiconductor industry and how the world will look in the future thanks to their efforts.
- Episode 3: Planning for and Investing in New Technologies - with Owen Lozman. Learn about developing cutting-edge technology - from photonic quantum computing to advanced artificial intelligence. Plus, what is the science behind making driverless cars as safe and reliable as we want them to be.
- Episode 4: Educating and Innovating for the Future with Sustainable Solutions - with Kai Beckmann, Michele Ricks & Luiz Vieira. Learn how new technology is being developed to help the environment and our society as a whole, from liquid crystal windows to OLED displays. It’s all part of a commitment to innovation for improving global health, broadening minds, and developing sustainable solutions.
- Episode 5: Smartphone Technology and the Future of Innovation - with Aldo Orsi & Mansour Moinpour. Learn about the dielectrics, metals, and other components from EMD Electronics that make your smartphone possible. Plus: the unique challenges of advancing technology on a microscopic level, the future of virtual and augmented reality, and what’s in store for autonomous vehicles.
MATERIALS INNOVATION WILL ADVANCE DIGITAL LIVING
Let us delve into the intriguing world of materials to see what’s happening there and where the semiconductor industry is headed. Listen to the keynote speech of Anand Nambiar!
Embracing a golden age with semiconductors
"We are now in the world of data-driven electronics. Despite all uncertainties, accelerated digitalization is more certain than ever." - Listen to the keynote speech of Allan Gabor!