Q3 2021: “Big 3” Again Deliver Efficient, Double-Digit Growth
Key facts and Forecast
Key facts at a glance:
- Group net sales rise by 11.8% to € 5.0 billion
- EBITDA pre down 8.7% to € 1.6 billion due to the reversal of a provision in the year-earlier quarter; excluding this effect, EBITDA pre would have increased by 16.2%
- The “Big 3” – Process Solutions, new Healthcare products and Semiconductor Solutions – once again key growth drivers
- Operating cash flow increases by 25.3% to € 1.5 billion; net financial debt lowered to € 9.3 billion
- Company plans to join the Science Based Targets initiative
- Company raises forecast for fiscal 2021
- Group net sales between € 19.3 billion and € 19.85 billion now expected
- Forecast for EBITDA pre raised to € 6.0 billion to € 6.3 billion
Our Big 3 growth engines, Process Solutions, new Healthcare products and Semiconductor Solutions performed superbly and enabled us to raise our outlook for the full year 2021.
Related NewsView All News
Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, again grew strongly in the third quarter of 2021.
Disclosure of inside information pursuant to Article 17 of the Regulation (EU) No 596/2014
Our Q4 2021 results will be published on March 3, 2022, at 7 a.m. (CET). Our conference call for the media will take place at 9:30 a.m. (CET), and the conference call for analysts at 2 p.m. (CET).
21 Apr 2022
The Annual General Meeting of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, will take place on April 22, 2022.