Group Confirms Forecast for Fiscal 2023 Despite Difficult Market Environment in Q3
Key facts and Forecast
Financial results of Q3 2023
- Strong organic performance of Healthcare partly compensates for market weakness in Life Science and Electronics
- Net sales decrease organically by 4.1% to € 5.2 billion
- EBITDA pre down organically by 13.2% to € 1.4 billion despite double-digit organic earnings growth of Healthcare
- Negative foreign exchange impact increases again over Q2 2023
- Company confirms and specifies forecast for fiscal 2023
- Return to organic sales growth expected in 2024
OVERVIEW: BUSINESS PERFORMANCE IN Q3 2023
|Q3 2023 (in € billion)||Change (in %, compared to Q3 2022)||Organic growth (in %, compared to Q3 2022)|
|Group net sales||5.2||-10.9||-4.1|
|Life Science sales||2.2||-18.3||-13.2|
We remain disciplined and on track to achieve not only our fiscal 2023 but also our medium-term targets. In 2024, we expect to return to organic sales growth.
Downloads for the Media
- Presentation for Analysts (PDF)
- Financial Statement (XLS)
- Financial Statement (PDF)
- Regional Sector Sales (XLS)
- Summary (PDF)
Related NewsView All News
In the third quarter of 2023, Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, once again benefited from its diversified set-up.
Our Q4 2023 results will be published on March 7, 2024, at 7 a.m. (CET). Our press conference will take place at 10:00 a.m. (CET), and the conference call for analysts at 2 p.m. (CET).