Financial Results 2019: Group Meets all Financial Targets
Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany grew profitably in fiscal 2019 and made significant progress in executing its strategic agenda.
- Group sales increase by 8.9% to € 16.2 billion despite adverse environment, EBITDA pre up 15.4% to € 4.4 billion
- Group achieves profitable growth, EBITDA pre margin rises to 27.1%
- Earnings per share pre rise to € 5.56
- Dividend proposal lifted to € 1.30 per share
Outlook for 2020
- Solid organic sales growth
- Strong organic growth of EBITDA pre
We delivered on our promise and achieved growth for all key performance indicators, namely net sales, EBITDA pre and EPS pre. We are resolutely executing our strategy and strengthening our innovation-driven businesses. In addition, we are focusing on lowering our debt as planned. We intend to achieve profitable growth in 2020 as well.
- Annual Report 2019 (Online - Last update May 12th 2020)
- Annual Report 2019 (PDF - Last update May 12th 2020)
Downloads for the Media
- Single Entity Report 2019 - (PDF - Last update May 12th 2020)
- Presentation for Analysts (PDF)
- Financial Statement (XLS)
- Financial Statement (PDF)
- Regional Sector Sales (XLS)
- Summary (PDF)
Annual Reports Archive
Find previous Annual Reports, Corporate Governance Reports & Statements in our archive.
Video: Financial Results Q4 2019
Overview of our fourth quarter and fiscal year 2019.Watch the video
All financial targets met
Related NewsView All News
Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, Meets all Financial Targets and Makes Significant ...
Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, met all its financial targets and thus grew profitably in fiscal 2019. At the same time, the company also made significant progress in executing its strategic agenda.
Head of Investor Relations
+49 6151 72 91-5271
Upcoming EventView All Events
23 Apr 2021
Annual General Meeting 2021
The Annual General Meeting of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany will take place on April 23, 2021.
Our interactive Share Price Tool provides you with all the information you need. You can retrace our development within the last ten years or follow it in real time – or compare our share price to various indices.Check Share Price