Financial Results 2020: Group Reports Record Results in a Turbulent Year
Overview and Outlook
- Sales increase by 8.6% to € 17.5 billion; EBITDA pre jumps 18.6% to € 5.2 billion; EBITDA pre margin rises to 29.7%; earnings per share pre grow 20.5% to € 6.70
- Performance Materials renamed Electronics with immediate effect
- Dividend proposal of € 1.40 per share
Forecast for fiscal 2021:
- Strong organic sales growth expected
- Organic EBITDA pre growth in the high single-digit to low teens percentage range
The year 2020 was characterized by unprecedented turbulence. Yet despite the circumstances of the pandemic, we resolutely executed our strategy further and achieved truly superb business results.”
Downloads for the Media
- Single Entity Report (PDF)
- Presentation for Analysts (PDF)
- Financial Statement (XLS)
- Financial Statement (PDF)
- Regional Sector Sales (XLS)
- Summary (PDF)
Related NewsView All News
Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, had a successful fiscal 2020, a year that was marked by the Covid-19 pandemic. The company increased its sales, expanded its EBITDA pre margin and met all the financial ...
23 Apr 2021
The Annual General Meeting of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany will take place on April 23, 2021.
Our Q1 2021 results will be published on May 12, 2021, at 7 a.m. CEST. Our conference call for the media will take place at 9:30 a.m. CEST, and the conference call for analysts at 2 p.m. CEST.