Fiscal 2021: Record Growth and Higher Profitability
Overview and Outlook
- Group sales rise by 12.3% to € 19.7 billion; EBITDA pre up 17.3% to € 6.1 billion; EBITDA pre margin increases to 31.0%
- Greater investments in high-growth businesses; net financial debt significantly lower
- Earnings per share pre of € 8.72; proposed dividend rises by € 0.45 to all-time high of € 1.85
Forecast for 2022
- Strong organic growth of net sales and EBITDA pre expected
- All business sectors are forecast to contribute to the positive development; Life Science will remain the strongest growth engine of the Group
Despite a difficult environment, we have stayed a reliable partner for patients, scientists and our customers – and were hence able to achieve a record result.
Downloads for the Media
- Presentation for Analysts (PDF)
- Financial Statement (XLS)
- Financial Statement (PDF)
- Regional Sector Sales (XLS)
- Summary (PDF)
Related NewsView All News
Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany delivered record growth in fiscal 2021. In the course of the year, the company had already raised its business forecast three times.
21 Apr 2022
The Annual General Meeting of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, will take place on April 22, 2022.
Our Q1 2022 results will be published on May 12, 2022, at 7 a.m. (CEST). Our conference call for the media will take place at 9:30 a.m. (CEST), and the conference call for analysts at 2 p.m. (CEST).