Second Quarter: Group Remains on Course in a Challenging Environment
Overview and outlook
Overview of Q2 2020
- Sales rise by 3.7% to € 4.1 billion, EBITDA pre declines by -5.7% to € 1.1 billion
- Healthcare and Performance Materials more strongly affected by the Covid-19 pandemic than Life Science
- Process Solutions drives growth of Life Science
Outlook for fiscal 2020
- Assumptions regarding the further course of the pandemic largely unchanged
- Group sales between € 16.9 billion and € 17.7 billion expected; lower end of range raised for expected EBITDA pre; forecast is now € 4.45 billion to € 4.85 billion
Despite considerable pandemic-related obstacles in some businesses, overall we did well in the second quarter. In recent months, we again proved the strengths of our diversified business model with three strong, innovation-driven business sectors.
Chairman of the Executive Board and CEO of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany
Downloads for the Media
- Presentation for Analysts (PDF)
- Financial Statement (XLS)
- Financial Statement (PDF)
- Regional Sector Sales (XLS)
- Summary (PDF)
Related NewsView All News
Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, registered the effects of the Covid-19 pandemic in all business sectors in the second quarter. Healthcare and Performance Materials were affected most strongly.
Our Q3 2020 results will be published on November 12th, 2020, at 7 a.m. CEST. Our conference call for the media will take place at 9:30 a.m. CEST, and the conference call for analysts at 2 p.m. CEST.