Kai Beckmann, born on September 13, 1965 in Hanau, Germany, has been a member of the Executive Board and Chief Administration Officer of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, since April 2011.
In 2007 he became the first CIO of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, with responsibility for Corporate Information Services. From 2004 to 2007 he served as Managing Director of our affiliates in Singapore and Malaysia, and before that he held senior executive responsibility for the Information Management and Consulting unit from 1999 to 2004. Kai Beckmann began his career at Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, in 1989 as an IT system consultant.
Kai Beckmann studied computer science at the Technical University of Darmstadt from 1984 to 1989. In 1998, he earned a doctorate in Business Administration while working. He is married and has one child.
Responsibility for Group functions
- Group Human Resources
- Group Business Technology
- Group Procurement
- Environment, Health, Safety, Security, Quality
- Inhouse Consulting
- Site Operations
- Federal Employers' Association for the German Chemical Industry (Bundesarbeitgeberverband Chemie e.V., BAVC), President
- Employers' Association for the Chemical and Related Industries in the State of Hesse (Arbeitgeberverband Chemie und verwandte Industrien für das Land Hessen e.V., HessenChemie), Member of the Board
- Bundesdruckerei GmbH, Member of the Supervisory Board
- Chamber of Industry and Commerce Darmstadt Rhein Main Neckar (IHK Darmstadt), Member of the Board
- Fraunhofer Institute for Computer Graphics Research IGD, Chairman of the Advisory Board