Strong Second Quarter with Double-Digit Growth Driven by Big 3
Overview and Forecast
- Reported Group net sales increase by 18.2% over a soft, pandemic-impacted year-earlier quarter to € 4.9 billion; EBITDA pre up 46.7% to € 1.6 billion, EPS pre grows by 72.3% to € 2.24
- Big 3 – Healthcare pipeline, Process Solutions and Semiconductor Solutions – contribute strongly to net sales growth
- Operating cash flow increases by 76.9% to € 888 million; net financial debt at € 10.1 billion
- Group updates and raises forecast for fiscal 2021
- Group net sales of € 18.8 billion to € 19.7 billion now expected; EBITDA pre forecast between € 5.6 billion and € 6.0 billion
- Company provides selected updated medium-term expectations beyond 2021
We have succeeded in mobilizing for accelerated, efficient growth in all business sectors. Especially our Big 3, our Healthcare pipeline, Process Solutions and Semiconductor Solutions, contributed to our excellent Q2 performance.
Related NewsView All News
Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany achieved outstanding business results in the second quarter of 2021.
09 Sep 2021
Our virtual Capital Markets Day 2021 is taking place on Thursday, September 9, 2021.
Our Q3 2021 results will be published on November 11, 2021, at 7 a.m. (CEST). Our conference call for the media will take place at 9:30 a.m. (CEST), and the conference call for analysts at 2 p.m. (CEST).