Q3 2020: Strong Third Quarter
OVERVIEW AND OUTLOOK
- Group net sales increase organically by 7.2%; EBITDA pre up 19.8% organically, excluding release of the provision for patent dispute with Biogen Inc.
- Life Science grows organically by 15.6%, mainly thanks to the Process Solutions business
- Mavenclad and Bavencio drive organic growth of Healthcare; recovery in the Fertility franchise
- Semiconductor Solutions business of Performance Materials grows organically by 8.0%
Outlook for fiscal 2020
- Company expects organic sales growth of 4% to 5% over the previous year and Group net sales of between € 17.1 billion and € 17.5 billion
- Organic growth of EBITDA pre over the previous year excluding provision release between 6% and 8% expected, EBITDA pre in a range between € 5.05 billion and € 5.25 billion
The superb results of the third quarter once again underscore the strength of our diversified business model.
Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany grew significantly in the third quarter. In comparison with the year-earlier quarter, Group net sales increased by 9.7% to € 4.4 billion.
Related NewsView All News
Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, grew significantly in the third quarter. In comparison with the year-earlier quarter, Group net sales increased by 9.7% to € 4.4 billion.
Our Q2 2021 results will be published on August 5, 2021, at 7 a.m. CEST. Our conference call for the media will take place at 9:30 a.m. CEST, and the conference call for analysts at 2 p.m. CEST.