Imagine your company knew everything it knows
Uncover hidden knowledge and accelerate collaboration
The R&D world in global organizations is complex and highly dispersed over many sites, countries, and sectors. Finding the right expert or capabilities to start or run projects can become a cumbersome exercise. And building an efficient R&D strategy without a comprehensive overview of the available technology platform portfolio can feel like a stab in the dark.
These challenges are not uncommon: According to a 2018 Workplace Knowledge and Productivity Report within American companies across a variety of industries, a staggering 60% of employees report that it is difficult, very difficult, or nearly impossible to obtain information from colleagues needed to do their job. The reasons range from inefficient closed-loop processes, to internal silos and strategy efforts that don’t go deep enough. The outcome is always the same: missed opportunity. What if we could change this picture?
At Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, we have created a digital solution to map the entire technology and knowledge landscape of global enterprises – across sites, sectors, and countries. This makes the information created by every knowledge node across the organization instantly available to R&D managers, experts, technology scouts and strategists across the business. Already implemented within our company, this has enabled us to unchain and accelerate collaboration within our organization-wide R&D departments.
How businesses can benefit
After the successful implementation at Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, we are now making this solution available to other organizations, so that they can tap into their own hidden reserves of valuable knowledge. Here are just a few of the benefits on offer:
- Capture your company’s full range of knowledge and capability assets, and make them accessible at the click of a mouse to authorized users across sites, business units, and geographical borders
- Accelerate company-wide collaboration and efficiency
- Offer full information transparency to R&D staff and management
- Enable data-based R&D strategy and digital scouting of internal capabilities, technologies and experts
To successfully implement the platform in your organization, we offer full professional change consulting support along the implementation journey.
How the solution works
The digital knowledge sharing platform consists of three elements – the core application, smart modules and change consulting.
- The core cloud-based application acts as a central hub for R&D knowledge. The information in the system is kept up-to date with the support of machine learning.
- Several smart modules such as personalized news streams or strategy components enable users to leverage the full power of the platform.
- Professional change consulting enables your company to prepare for, navigate and anchor this new way of capturing and sharing knowledge.
Are you ready to uncover the hidden knowledge of your company? Start the conversation!
Co-Founder of the technology mapping project
Founder of the technology mapping project