Future Game Changers in Science & Technology
Open innovation challenge for individuals with an interest in game changers in Science and Technology.
We have recently seen amazing breakthroughs in science & technology that have or will catalyze amazing progress and can be considered game-changing for many years to come such as e.g. CRISPR/CAS gene editing, mRNA vaccines, or Quantum Supremacy.
What do you think is the next big thing in science & technology, still not widely known, still not in each newsletter, still not in everybody’s mind, but promising, opening new avenues for progress with amazing potential for humanity?
Submit your thoughts on what is a “Future Game Changer” now and win 10,000 EUR.
We will evaluate your submission by the criteria novelty of proposed game changer (vs. what is already widely discussed in the media), potential technological impact, fit to Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, quality of presentation. The best team wins 10,000 EUR and the chance to present their work to our scientists.
How does it work?
- Register by filling in our online application form and accepting the terms and conditions of the challenge.
- You retain any rights that you hold with your submission and publishing rights you may have. Please only submit non-confidential information.
- Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany retains the exclusive right to make any press release or any kind of public communication about the competition and the winning proposal.
- Confidential details on project content will not be revealed.
Stage 1 is for submitting concepts:
- A non-confidential description of your idea.
- Short comments on how your submission fulfills the judging criteria.
Stage 2: We invite selected participants to a workshop (up to 10).
- You present your idea to our scientists and the other participants of the challenge who were selected for this round
- We will evaluate all presentations subject to the terms and conditions of the challenge and the criteria.
- The best team wins 10,000 EUR.
- novelty of proposed game changer (vs. what is already widely discussed in the media)
- potential technological impact
- fit to Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany
- quality of presentation
- Gold winner: EUR 10,000
Who can participate?
This challenge is open to all individuals who are interested in engaging with us on the topic. This competition is not open to Health Care Professionals nor may participants be employed at a Health Care Organization.