Requirements for Safe Return
- To enable a safe return of containers through transportation to us, the following guidelines must be followed.
- If the product was shipped using a special permit, it must be returned following the same special permit requirements.
Container Return Process
- Review Customer Return Procedure
- A Customer Return Container Condition Form is required for each container return
- Need Any Help? Contact our Customer Service (800) 837-2724
Select the type and fill out the form
Closure and Packaging Instruction
1Follow Closure Instructions for Container Valves and FittingsLearn more
2Follow Packing and Closing Instructions for containersLearn more
3Review the Container Returns Common Improvement Opportunities TrainingLearn more
When applicable, special permits must be followed for customer returns. Order confirmation and packing lists will state when a special permit is applicable for particular shipments. A copy of the special permit (SP) will be sent with the shipment. Customers/shippers returning the container must follow the requirements of the SP which include but may not be limited to maintaining a copy of the SP on-site, training its affected HAZMAT employee(s) on the requirements of the SP, marking outer packaging with Special Permit Number (such as “DOT-SP 16601”) and send a copy of the SP with the shipment.
Go to this link to find the Special Permit in question. Type the Special Permit Number (e.g., 16601) into the “Special Permit Number” cell and then click on “Apply” or just hit enter on your keyboard. You may see multiple links to the “SP Number”, select the one associated with the appropriate company name (e.g., EMD Performance Materials Corp.) and the latest “Granted Date”.