We are offering a grant comprising up to 250,000 €/year for 3 years with the option of extension.
Proposals will be considered that leverage technological solutions to be more prepared for pandemic outbreaks or solutions that could help to fight emerging viral infections.
Pre-outbreak R&D Preparedness for pandemic disease:
- Assessing the priority of pathogens and diseases with epidemic threat
- Platform technologies to accelerate the development of vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, vector control tools and delivery systems needed to control emerging health threats
- Innovative technologies for better personal protection equipment for infection control
Response during outbreak:
- Novel health technologies (e.g. AI, bioelectronics, diagnostics) for early screening of potential infected patients and treatment facilitation.
- Fast-track identifying, testing and production of effective drugs and vaccines during outbreak