In 2018, Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany celebrate its 350th anniversary. On this occasion, we conduct a special expanded anniversary edition of the Innovation Cup with 75 participants in Darmstadt, Germany (July 16-24, 2018). This Innovation Cup covery not only the field of Healthcare, but also Life Science and Performance Materials.
As part of the Innovation Cup, participants attend the scientific conference Curious2018. Following the Curious2018 conference participants work together in small teams in a highly stimulating environment to:
- Work as part of a team to generate new ideas in the fields: healthy lives, synthetic biology, material solutions, digitalization, and new ways of working together
- Evaluate ideas from a technical and business perspective and build a convincing business plan
- Learn the essentials about R&D within the pharmaceutical and chemical industry
- Network with the brightest students from all over the world
- Understand how products are successfully discovered, developed, and brought to market
- Get to know Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and learn about career options
A jury, consisting of top scientists and entrepreneurs, selects the best business plan in each of the five focus fields and award each winning team with EUR 5.000. From these, the Jury selects the overall winner of the Anniversary Cup 2018 with a prize of EUR 20.000.
Travel, accommodation and food expenses paid for by Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This program is not open to U.S. healthcare professionals. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany retains exclusive rights to make any press release or any kind of public communication about the Innovation Cup winner(s).