Healthcare Mini Library*
Get access to our compounds for your research
We offer free access to our Mini Library as part of our Open Innovation Initiative! Our Mini Library contains former Healthcare research and development compounds and their derivatives. We invite you to use these compounds in your assay systems. Even more, you are the owner of the results of the experiments you performed with these compounds! The compounds – predominantly drug-like and not found elsewhere – cover a wide range of molecular targets, and could potentially interact with and modulate the activity of e.g. an enzyme, receptor or transporter you are evaluating.
The molecular targets comprise enzymes (e.g. kinases, phosphatases, proteases, cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterases, etc.), hormone or neurotransmitter receptors (serotonin, angiotensin II, endothelin, etc.), transporters, ion channels and several others. All compounds are small organic compounds (no biologicals), which will be supplied in 50 µl in a concentration of 10 mM in a solution in dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO) on a 96-well microtiter plate. In the first roll-out, the number of plates will be limited to 100.
A more detailed list of the target classes in the Mini Library and the number of compounds per class is available. Please contact us here for further details.
Please read the information below to find out how to apply, as well as how to obtain information on the structures of the compounds and their main biological activities.
Who can apply?
We invite individuals from universities, research institutes and private companies to apply to obtain a copy of the Healthcare Mini Library.
This program is not open to healthcare providers.
How does it work?
After signing the Mini Library agreement, we will send you the Mini Library 96-well plate free of charge. In exchange for access to our compounds, we ask you to share all data generated in your evaluations with us. However you will retain the ownership of the results of your experiments. We may then offer a follow-up collaboration agreement, a licensing or other long term agreement based on your results. You may also use the results for a scientific publication. The legal, intellectual property and commercial aspects as well as the rules for publication are covered in the Healthcare Mini Library agreement.
Please contact us here to request the Healthcare Mini Library agreement.
- You will receive a unique set of non-commercially available compounds; most have already achieved a specific degree of maturity with regard to their characterization towards their targets, as well as in vitro and in vivo effects. For some compounds, human data is available.
- The collection contains some former development candidates (including clinical Phase II) for repurposing, including a full toxicological assessment package.
- You can identify compounds that could be of assistance to you in your research.
- You may also uncover new applications for these compounds while using them in a fresh experimental setting.
- You will have access to experienced Healthcare researchers to discuss your data, and, dependent on your research, you may have the opportunity to start a joint drug discovery or development program.
- The Healthcare Mini Library is provided free of charge.
- You could be eligible to receive success payments for reaching certain milestones (for details see Mini Library agreement).
How to apply
In order to apply, submit a short description of the assay(s) in which you wish to test the compounds, as well as the anticipated targets for which you plan to test the compounds. If applicable, please describe the potential therapeutic use that could be derived from the outcome of your investigations. All data must be provided on a non-confidential basis.
Upon receiving your application, we will inform you of the results of the review process within four weeks. We can accept or decline your application at our own discretion. If questions arise, you might be contacted to clarify open issues in order to allow a proper decision.
If we approve your application, you (and/or your institution) will be asked to sign the Healthcare Mini Library agreement.
Please contact us here to request the Healthcare Mini Library agreement. Please note that the agreement has been set up and phrased in such a way as to be acceptable to as many partners as possible. We kindly ask you to accept the agreement “as is”, as we cannot re-negotiate conditions on an individual basis.
Further information can be found in the Frequently Asked Questions.
* This program is not open to U.S. healthcare providers.