Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany will evaluate the Research Proposal using a number of criteria, including but not limited to:
- All documents submitted, complete, comprehensive and in English
- Qualifications and experience of Lead Researcher and Research Team, including biostatistical competencies;
- Scientific merit of the Research Proposal, including any unmet medical need and/or interest of patients/public health and a clear research hypothesis;
- Evaluation of conflict of interest disclosure;
- Whether is it feasible to anonymize the data without compromising the privacy of clinical trial participants, which our company is legally obliged to protect;
- Whether the data is available;
- Whether a publication/posting plan is in place.
Evaluation of the Research Proposal, as well as the qualifications and experience of the Lead Researcher and Research Team, will be conducted by appropriate and qualified person or board.