Precursors for CVD & ALD applications
We deliver advanced chemistry and process technology in precursor materials for the semiconductor industry and LED lighting applications.
From laboratory scale molecular design in R&D to high volume scale up, our rich portfolio of high purity metal and dielectric precursor materials empower FEOL (= Front end of line) and BEOL (= Back end of line) applications.
At the heart of our business are deep collaborative relationships and an intimate understanding of customer needs. This leads to our unique ability to develop tailored chemistries for deposition processes. Our development cycle has key research gates:
- Molecular design
- Synthesis development
- Performance criteria
- Process development
- Path forward for commercial high volume production
... Metalorganic precursors? Precursors help create fundamental building blocks of an electronic chip. Each layer is added gradually in a special evaporation or epitaxy chamber. As our precursors come into contact with the heated base, the LED wafer, they leave deposits and a semiconductor is formed.
... Deposition Materials? Gas phase reactants (chemical precursors) used to deposit/grow thin films on substrates by chemical vapor deposition (CVD) or atomic layer deposition (ALD)
... CVD and ALD?
- CVD = Chemcial Vapor Deposition; Chemical process often used in semiconductor chip manufacturing for the deposition of thin films of various materials
- Reacting gases mixed in the chamber
- Continuous film growth
- Thickness controlled by reaction time – ability to grow very thin films limited
- ALD = Atomic Layer Deposition; Thin-film deposition technique based on the sequential use of a gas phase chemical process - it is a subclass of chemical vapour deposition
- Reacting gases introduced separately
- Self terminating – single atomic layer at a time
- Thickness controlled by number of cycles – superior film thickness control
- Thin conformal films
How does MO-CVD work?
How does ALD work?
Also referred to as Ampoules or Bubblers. When customers take reliable delivery of our bubblers, they know that what sound like children’s toys are actually containers for our pure precursors.
Our containers come in a variety of sizes and can be customized to suit your needs. We offer a wide choice of containers to ensure material transfer is secure, quick and 100% reliable.
We’ve spent decades perfecting our logistical systems to ensure every delivery of pure materials is kept safe and sound, even before you start making preparations for the epitaxy chamber. Regional support is part of the package you buy from us.
For US Customers only, click here for information about container return.
Our product range
The high-purity, metalorganic precursors and dopants we provide allow you to achieve ultimate functional performance. Our portfolio comprises:
- Diethylaluminum Ethoxide (DEAL)
- Trimethylaluminium (TMA)
- Triethylaluminum (TEA)
- Tris(dimethylamino)antimony (AMSB)
- Triethylboron (ET3B)
- Carbon Tetrabromide (CBR4)
- Carbon Trichlorobromide (BTCM)
- Solution Carbon Tetrabromide (CBRS)
- Bis(1,4-di-tert-butyldiazadienyl)cobalt (CODAD)
- Tertiarybutylacetylenedicobalthexacarbonyl (CCTBA)
- Tertiarybutylallylcobalt tricarbonyl (COBATC)
- 1-methyl-3,6-bis(trimethylsilyl)-1,4-cyclohexadiene (CHD)
- Triethylgallium (TEG)
- Trimethylgallium (TMG)
- Tetrakis(dimethylamino) Hafnium (TDMAH)
- Trimethylindium (TMI)
- Solution Trimethylindium (TMIS)
- Bis(cyclopentadienyl)magnesium (CPMG)
- Solution Bis(cyclopentadienyl)magnesium (CPMS)
- Tris(diethylamido)(tert-butylimido)niobium (TBTDEN)
- Dimethylhydrazine (DMHZ)
- T-butyl hydrazine
- Dimethylbutadiene ruthenium tricarbonyl (RUDMBD)
- Dirutheniumoctacarbonyl (DCR)
- Bis(dimethylamino)silane (BDEAS)
- N,N'-di-tert-butylsilanediamine (BTBAS)
- Tris(dimethylamino)silane (3DMAS)
- Pentakis(dimethylamino)tantalum (PDMAT)
- Tanttalumethoxide (TATEO)
- Tris(ethylmethylamido)(tert-butylimido)tantalum (TBTDET)
- Tris(ethylmethylamido)(tert-butylimido)tantalum (TBTEMT)
- Diethyltelluride (DETE)
- Diisopropyltelluride (DIPTE)
- Tetrakis(dimethylamino)titanium (TDMAT)
- Titanium Tetrachloride (TICL)
- Bis(tert-butylimino)bis(dimethylamino)tungsten (WNBURE)
- Diethylzinc (DEZN)
- Dimethylzinc (DMZN)
... for other chemistries not listed!